Implants have become the gold standard for tooth replacement, as the success rates are very high. An implant is a titanium screw that is placed by a surgeon in the bone, which later supports a custom-made crown placed in our office. An implant crown looks and functions much like your original tooth.
Below, is a basic timeline for implant placement and restoration (it is worth the wait!):
- Preliminary examination at our office to determine if an implant is an option for you.
- Examination by surgeon to develop a surgical plan. Typically a 3-D x-ray is taken of the area.
- Extraction of existing tooth, if present, and possible bone grafting by surgeon.
- Placement of implant by surgeon.
- Temporary tooth replacement is an option during the healing time of 3-6 months, as the implant integrates to the jaw bone.
- Implant crown impression at our office.
- Implant crown delivery at our office.